Thursday, December 4, 2014

Recording - The Art of Exceptional Living


In the middle of quarter two, we have been listening to the recordings of Jim Rohn’s speech – the art of exceptional living. I was very grateful that I got to hear such a motivating and inspirational speech, since I’m already a senior in high school; the track really got me thinking about my goals in university even my goals in life. I believe this track can be recommended to all seniors or for those who needs to start thinking about their goals in life. From the recordings, I also like how he bluntly established statements and pierced the bubble of truths. To me, the recording is like popping all those bubbles, and introducing all the inner and conceptual truth that I already know but I never “want” to acknowledge, so him speaking and talking about all the truth that we need to come in terms of really had me actively thinking. The recordings were all based on very simple easy everyday concepts that we can do and meet every day to help us reach our goal, such as keeping a journal, establishing a personal philosophy and establishing daily habits. He also talked about what success and failure means to him. Success for him means a few simple disciplines practiced every day, and failure is a few errors in judgment repeated every day. I also loved the part where he established the statement about us often blaming other for our failures. It tells a universal truth that everyone knows already, but having him put the idea into specific words was really on point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment